- are interested in knowledge processes and how they are influenced by digital media.
- are 1 of the 97 research institutions of the Leibniz Association.
- conduct top-level international research.
- publish in the best scientific journals.
- cooperate with renowned research groups all over the world.
- initiated and coordinate the first Leibniz-WissenschaftsCampus in Germany.
- focus our fundamental and applied research on the practical fields of schools, universities, internet usage, knowledge work and museums.
- offer young scientists a profound and attractive structured doctoral education and training program.
- help our employees to reconcile family and working life and promote equal opportunities for women and men in science.
The Leibniz-Institut für Wissensmedien (IWM), located in Tübingen, is an independent research institute. Its responsible body is the foundation "Medien in der Bildung" [Media in Education], a nonprofit organization under private law. The institute was founded in 2001. As a member of the Leibniz-Association, the IWM is supported equally by the Federal Republic of Germany and the Federal States under their joint program "Promotion of Non-University Scientific Research" (Art. 91 b GG).