PostDoc Position Cognitive Neuroergonomics IfADo
The ‘Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund’ (legal entity name) is a research institution institutionally funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the sponsor of ’Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at TU Dortmund’ (IfADo). IfADo explores the risks and potentials of modern work in interdisciplinary approaches. We combine the disciplines of Ergonomics, Immunology, Toxicology, Psychology and Neurosciences.
In the Department of “Cognitive Ergonomics” a full-time post-doc position (m/f/d) is to be occupied
in a third-party funded project at the earliest possible date, initially for 3 years, an extension is possible. The project is part of the DFG priority program "Auditory Cognition in Interactive Virtual Environments" (AUDICTIVE) and investigates neuro-cognitive aspects of perception and attention in the interaction between humans and robots both in the real world and in virtual environments. The project is a cooperation between the IfADo and the Institute of Communication Acoustics (IKA) of the Ruhr-University Bochum.
The tasks include:
- Planning, development and execution of psychological experiments on audio-visual perception and cognition in real and virtual 3D environments
- Analysis of behavioral and EEG data on the neurophysiological correlates of audio-visual perception and cognition
- Publication and presentation of the scientific results
- Organisation of the experiments and the cooperation between IfADo and IKA
- Coordination of the subproject within the DFG priority program AUDICTIVE
What we expect:
- An above-average degree in psychology, media or cognitive sciences, engineering with a focus on psychoacoustics or similar disciplines (doctorate required)
- Experience in planning and conducting psychological experiments
- Good knowledge of methods and publication experience
- Reliability, ability to work in a team and to work independently
- Very good conceptual and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of German and English
- Previous knowledge in the collection and analysis of EEG data is advantageous, but not a prerequisite
What we offer:
- a full-time position with (currently) 39,83 hours per week
- remuneration and social benefits based on the collective agreement for the public service
- all social benefits provided by working for the public service: e.g. an annual bonus, payment of benefits
- an exciting professional challenge in which you can contribute and expand your expertise and competence with a high degree of independence in an interdisciplinary team
- an extensive research infrastructure and technical support (VR simulation laboratories, acoustic laboratories, mobile and stationary EEG, fMRI, fNIRS)
- a close cooperation with partners from engineering science and computer science, which opens up further possibilities for research at the interface of acoustics, cognitive psychology, neuroscience, and virtual reality/computer science
- an interesting, versatile task that can be shaped by your personal commitmentin a supportive and sympathetic team
- flexible working hours to enable the reconciliation of family and career
- good accessibility by public transport
- attractive region with many cultural activities
The IfADo promotes the professional equality of women and men and is certified accordingly. We are also committed to diversity and actively promote equal opportunities for all employees regardless of their origin, religion, ideology, health impairment, age or sexual identity. The application of female researchers is explicitly encouraged. In case of equal qualifications, application of severely disabled candidates have priority. General information about IfADo can be found at www.ifado.de.
For further information about the announcement and the project, please feel free to contact Dr. Getzmann, Tel: 0231 / 1084-338, E-Mail: email@example.com
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please direct your informative and complete application by 21.02.2021, preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, we will accept your application by mail* to the following address:
Leibniz-Institut für Arbeitsforschung an der TU Dortmund (IfADo)
*We ask that application documents be submitted preferably by email or only in copies and not in folders, as the documents will not be returned. These will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations after the retention period has expired.