The Leibniz Institute for Psychology Information (ZPID) in Trier (Germany) is an internationally renowned research support organization in psychology and a member of the prestigious Leibniz Association.
To fulfill the ever-increasing research infrastructure needs expressed by researchers and psychology professionals, ZPID is in the process of a strategic expansion directed at meeting these needs to become psychology’s one-stop research service center. Current as well as future ZPID research areas and services are based on and guided by the values of open science and open innovation.
Join the growing ZPID team at the forefront of the open-science movement! Current opening:
Research Associate (m/f/d)
(salary group TV-L E 13, 50 %, limited for 5 years)
Preferred start date is February 1st, 2021 or later.
Duties and functions:
With this position as a research data manager at ZPID you will become part of a broader consortium for the Social, Behavioural, Educational, and Economic Sciences (KonsortSWD). The mission of this consortium is to develop a research data infrastructure for the study of human society.
Against this background, it will be your task to foster acceptance of research data centers (RDCs), like the RDC at ZPID, and, more generally, data sharing. To this end you will implement an online information platform. This platform is meant to promote the competencies of research data managers by offering courses and making teaching material from research data centers (RDCs) available.
At the same time, relying on best practices provided on the information platform, you will support the RDC at ZPID by conceptualizing and implementing semi-automatic workflows for the ingest of research data.
Finally, you will contribute to deepen the cooperation of RDCs by jointly enabling the development of skills and promoting the occupational profile of a research data manager. In this regard you will also propagate the use of research data management best-practices in the Social, Behavioral, Educational, and Economic Sciences (e.g. by providing teaching materials and courses to researchers and research data managers at other RDCs).
Regularly publishing results originating from your work in scientific journals and discussing results within the relevant scientific communities is expected.
- doctor in Psychology or other relevant discipline
- Relevant experience with guiding and organizing research data management
- Interest in actively contributing to an interdisciplinary research data infrastructure for the study of human society, i.a. by collection and integration of discipline-specific courses and teaching material, evaluation of courses and teaching material with regard to their usability, and coordination of RDC services with other RDCs involved in the consortium
- Independent working style
- Project management skills
- Good communication and team skills
- Very good command of written and spoken German and English
- Experience with the process of acquiring third-party funding in psychology
- Experience in dealing with database systems
- Experience in survey research
For further information, please contact Roland Ramthun via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to apply, please register with our online portal here
and upload the following documents (until November 8, 2020):
- Cover letter addressing the motivation for the application and the selection criteria
- Certificates of relevant academic degree(s)
- References (optional: Names, affiliations and e-mail addresses of potential evaluators)
ZPID is committed to equal opportunities in employment and, in particular, to increasing the number of women in academic positions.
We comply with guidelines regarding laws and regulations governing part-time employment. Among equally qualified applicants, candidates belonging to disadvantaged groups will be given preference. We are a family-friendly employer and have been certified by the audit Work & Family.
Please note that online applications will only be accepted until 11/08/2020 via the following URL: