Editorial Office Support for Open Access Platform (m/f): Archiving and Publication Services
Become part of the open science movement
The Leibniz Institute for Psychology Information (ZPID) in Trier (Germany) is an internationally renowned research support organization in psychology and a member of the prestigious Leibniz Association.
To fulfil the ever-increasing research infrastructure needs expressed by researchers and psychology professionals, ZPID is in the process of strategic expansion directed at meeting these needs to become psychology’s one-stop research service center. Current as well as future ZPID research areas and services are based on and guided by the values of open science and open innovation.
Join the growing ZPID team at the forefront of the open science movement! Current opening:
Editorial Office Support for Open Access Platform (m/f):
Archiving and Publication Services
(salary group TV-L E 6, 100 %, initially limited for 2 years),
Preferred start date is April 1, 2018 or later
Your tasks will encompass:
- Formal pre-checking of manuscripts (compliance to quality standards)
- Copy- and layout editing of manuscripts in editing and word processing systems
- Production of manuscript galleys as well as distribution of final articles and metadata to publication systems, full-text and reference databases, and indexing services
- Support of editors and authors throughout the whole editing workflow, including deadline tracking, as well as user support for the publishing platform
- Support of marketing activities, tracking and visual preparation of usage statistics and performance indicators, helping to optimize workflows and -processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or a related discipline
- Good knowledge of formal standards/quality criteria for psychological research articles
- Best expertise in APA-Style
- Basic knowledge of metadata standards
- Basic skills in HTML and XML/XSLT
- Good knowledge of scholarly information and documentation systems, and/or editing software (e.g. Inera eXtyles)
- Very good knowledge of the whole academic publication workflow
- Very good knowledge of standard office software (e.g., MS Office, MS Excel)
- Basic skills in image editing
- Basic skills in Social Media and writing for different target groups
- Basic knowledge in web usage statistics
- Ability to analyze, structure, and enrich complex information resources
- Very rigorous, thorough and structured working style
- Very good communication skills
- Good English skills and basic knowledge of other languages
In order to apply, please register with our online portal here
and upload the following documents (until March 15, 2018):
- Cover and motivation letter
- Names, affiliations and e-mail addresses of 2-3 potential referees
We support your career development.
We observe guidelines regarding laws and regulations governing part-time employment.
Among equally qualified applicants, disabled candidates will be given preference.
For further information, please contact email@example.com
Please note that online applications will only be accepted until 03/15/2018 via the following URL: