Osnabrück University’s Institute of Psychology, Department of Developmental Psychology belonging to the School of Human Sciences invites applications for the position of a
Phd/Post-Doctoral candidate (m/f/d)
(Salary level E 13 TV-L, 75 %)
starting at the earliest possible date. The position is available for three years.
Description of responsibilities:
- Active participation in new and existing interdisciplinary and international research projects, see for more information on example projects, such as the “Coping with Corona” and the “INCLUSIVITY” project, the following link: https://www.psycho.uni-osnabrueck.de/subfields/developmental_psychology....
- Publication of peer-reviewed international articles;
- Supervision of master's and bachelor's theses;
- Participation in administrative tasks;
- Teaching in the field of Developmental Psychology (3 hours (SWS) per week)
- Opportunity to work towards a PhD/Habilitation (venia legendi)” during working hours.
- completed academic degree (Master/Diploma) in psychology or related disciplines as well as a completed doctoral degree/PhD
- excellent English proficiency
- Keen interest and experience in studying intergroup conflicts and relations (e.g., prejudice, intergroup contacts, identity and group processes); and/or development of (anti-) social behavior and interactions (e.g., aggressive and prosocial behavior);
- Experience in conducting scientific survey studies, social network studies, interventions, and / or experiments
- Motivation to learn new advanced methodologies
- Profound knowledge in current statistics programs (for example, SPSS, Mplus)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills relevant to teaching and research
- Willingness and ability to contribute to the overall objectives of the Department, working collaboratively with others.
- For postdoctoral candidate: the ability to obtain and sustain peer-reviewed research funding.
- Unique opportunities to develop an individual scientific career in a new, interdisciplinary and internationally networked research group
- Access to a variety of experimental and longitudinal multimethod data sets, e.g., experience sampling in high schools, experimental field studies, longitudinal "community network samples", representative and international data (e.g., data on intergroup contact and prejudice among young people from seven European countries, n > 20,000)
- Excellent research infrastructure, for participation new and ongoing laboratory studies (including computer lab, behavioral observation laboratory) and field studies (including experience sampling via online diaries and smartphones, weekly measurements of physiological processes and behavioral processes)
- Possibilities to actively participate in an international collaboration network of research institutes from different (sub)disciplines (for example, social, development, personality psychology, political science, sociology, criminology)
- Existing international funding schemes (such as the Coping with Corona and INCLUSIVITY projects)
- Finances for travel to national and international conferences;
- Further education and professional training.
Osnabrück University is a family-friendly university and is committed to helping working/studying parents balance their family and working lives.
Osnabrück University seeks to guarantee equality of opportunity for women and men and strives to correct any gender imbalance in its schools and departments.
If two candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to the candidate with disability status.
Your complete application (cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, qualification certificates, 2 reference letters, research proposal for the PhD/Habilitation Project (English, max. 2 pages including references, on the Inclusivity Norms project) and, if available, up to three selected publications) should be submitted electronically by October 14, 2021 in a single PDF document to Prof. Dr. Maarten van Zalk (email@example.com).
For more information on this position and the project, please contact Prof. Dr. Maarten van Zalk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to receiving your application.